Unsung Hero

When David Smallbone's successful music company collapses, he moves his family from Australia to the United States in search of a brighter future. With nothing more than their six children, their suitcases, and their love of music, David (for KING + COUNTRY's Joel Smallbone) and his pregnant wife Helen (Daisy Betts) set out to rebuild their lives from the ground up. Based on a remarkable true story, a mum's faith stands against all odds; and inspires her husband and children to hold onto theirs. -https://unsunghero.movie/

If I was to tell you I have been waiting for this movie since forever , that's because I have been. Those who have known me forever , know that For King and Country have been my favorite band for years. Their songs have a profound effect , and are filled with so much emotion and truth. From their first full album Crave in 2012 , to their Newest What are we waiting for? . They have not come out with a "bad" song they are so spirit filled and lyrics are just astounding. 

Anyways, back to the movie , Unsung Hero is based on the Family's journey to America to fuller effect than what story they tell during their concerts. You grasp a better understanding of the journey that have led them to who they are now. And not just brothers Joel and Luke , you are introduced to the whole family including being re-introduced to their sister Rebecca St. James . Who most can recall had a very successful career in the 80s-90s . Which she still has today along with her brothers Joel and Luke and their band For King and Country. There were a few scenes that truly grasped the overall theme of family. Including a scene where their mother introduced the family to the idea of burning the ship.  Where despite all odds , they still held on and came out stronger as a family. Now I don't truly want to spoil the movie for you. So I wont go into more scenes but this movie did have me in tears by the end of it. I did grasp as well a stronger idea of a mothers love for her children and did definitely have me appreciating my mother a whole lot more . Because we did struggle , some of my childhood but we never knew the full effect my mother did her best to create the best life possible for us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priceless: Inspired by True Stories. Review

Sprout Voxbox